We no longer offer Groupons for PWC Tours.
Welcome Groupon customers! This page is designed to answer the most common questions regarding our jet ski tours.
Groupons for this product are eligible to be redeemed on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for the 2018 season. You cannot use this coupon on Fridays, Saturday, Sundays, federal holidays, and on July 2 and 3.
Our personal watercraft (commonly called jet skis) rentals are guided tours, you cannot take the PWC’s out by yourself. We get some questions on just what this means and we hope this will help clear things up, please keep in mind that these guidelines are firm because they are from state laws that specifically regulate the operation of PWC’s in a rental environment. We cannot and will not “bend” these rules, please do not put our staff in an uncomfortable position by asking us to VIOLATE THE LAW. With that out of the way, here is what you need to know before you book:
- Generally, you DO NOT need a boating safety certificate to enjoy a guided tour. The exception is detailed below.
- Tours means you are driving your own PWC (with up to one additional passenger), but are under the supervision by a member of our staff and cannot travel beyond 500 feet from your guide. Our guide is clearly marked in a distinguishable manner and you must follow their guidance.
- We are prohibited from renting PWC’s to individuals less than 16 years of age. That means mom and/or dad cannot rent the PWC and then let an individual less than 16 years of age drive. Again, please do not put our staff in an awkward position. We do not make the rules, but we are required to enforce them. This is the biggest issue/question we face renting PWC’s.
- We are required to check proof age for all drivers and passengers, if a driver is under the age of 18, they must have a valid boating safety certificate and a legal guardian must be present. If you arrive without proof of age (i.e. a drivers license) we will turn you away without a refund. YOU MUST BRING A DRIVERS LICENSE to rent PWCs, it is the law.
- Prior to rental, you must fill out our waiver and all drivers must watch an orientation video. The orientation video will be emailed to you prior to your arrival, but is available to watch in our office. Plan on arriving early (45 minutes prior to tour departure) so you do not hold up the start of the tour. We will leave without you.
- Once at the water, there is an additional orientation prior to the start of the tour led by our guide. Any questions you have will be answered at that time. This orientation begins at the starting time of each tour and takes about 15 minutes. The actual time on water for the tour is 75 minutes and does include some free riding time, please stay within the 500 foot boundary.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for prohibited operation, this includes: boating while intoxicated, operation in swim areas, and reckless operation. Do not test us on this, your rental will end if you operate the craft in a prohibited manner. Prohibited operation is covered in our orientation video and involves common sense and safe operation.
- All necessary safety equipment is provided with your rental.
- You are responsible for a fuel surcharge and sales tax on this purchase. At the start of the season, this charge is $26.91 (provided as an estimate only) and will change based on the price of fuel. Yes, PWCs use a lot of fuel. These charges will be collected at the time of booking. If you book early and fuel goes up, you will not be required to make any additional payments.
- There is no set route for our tours, during the orientation the guide will ask you if there is anything you would like to see during your tour and based on that and lake conditions we formulate a route for each particular tour. Most people generally just want to take a ride, but if you have something in particular in mind call ahead so we can accommodate you. Please keep in mind that there may be others in your group that have different ideas in mind. We try to balance things as best as we can but lake conditions are the primary driver.
- We operate our tours from May 19 to September 5.
- Tours start at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm, weather permitting.
Important Notes for Groupon Customers
INSIDER TIP: If possible, book a date earlier in the season. The two weeks prior to school starting always fill up as people realize the summer is just about over. Every year we operate at about 50% capacity through the summer and 100% capacity the last two weeks because of this. If you wait until the end to book, you will not find a date available. Our repeat customers know this tip very well 🙂
If for some reason you purchase this Groupon and are unable to use it this year, we will honor it in the 2019 season under the same terms and conditions IF you call us prior to the end of October to let us know. If you do not call us, extra fees will apply due to the arrangement with Groupon–that is out of our control.
A restaurant is located on site if you get hungry!